The Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) meets The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 in respect of First Aid at Work. It is aimed at individuals who intend to develop and gain formal recognition of their knowledge, understanding and skills of first aid at work. The course duration is one day only.
As all employers are required by law to have first aid provision for their employees, this qualification is appropriate for all individuals working or intending to work at any organisational level.
Who should attend?
There are no formal entry requirements. However, learners should be able to work at level 2 or above. They must be proficient in the use of English Language and physically capable of completing the practical activities involved.
Assessment of this qualification is by portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration/ assignment which is quality assured by the awarding organisation. The workbook, that will be provided will be used to record all assessment. All assessment criteria must be met in the following areas:
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Knowledge-based components
Learning Outcomes Unit 1
The learner will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty that is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries